The Agora Companies is a global network for more than 40 privately owned publishing companies. These companies are widely recognized for their highly specialised information by way of advisory newsletters, websites and books on a range of topics including retirement, wealth management, equity investments, health, travel and finance. The Agora Companies’ have offices in the US, London, Paris, Bonn, Melbourne, Johannesburg, Buenos Aires, Sao Paolo, Mumbai and Waterford.
Woodlock House Support Services, one of The Agora Companies, currently have an exciting job opportunity for a Human Resources Generalist based in our offices in Portlaw, Co. Waterford & also in Waterford City. This is a permanent role on a full time basis, reporting directly to the Human Resources Manager. The successful candidate will assist Human Resources Team (3 in total currently) to support the delivery of a HR service to 5 of The Agora Companies in Waterford.
Responsibilities of this role include but are not limited to:
- Management of full recruitment cycle from advertising, screening, interviewing, behavioural assessments to reference checking, across 5 companies ;
- Administration of contracts and handbooks;
- Provide HR advice to Managers and also employees when required, ensuring advice is legally compliant and in line with each company policy & procedure;
- Creation and updating of policies that are legally compliant and required;
- Supporting the HR Manager when required regarding ongoing projects such as but not limited to branding activities;
- Management of HR System (Ultipro) in terms of additional roll out of modules, assisting with set up of employees, responding to both manager and employee queries;
- Reporting on metrics across each company when required such as attrition, time to hire, absenteeism, analyzing results and making recommendations on results;
- Involvement in conjunction with the HR Manager & Contact Centre Director with the in-house Developmental Programme for contact centre employees;
- Will drive the employee wellbeing initiative agenda;
- Health & Safety responsibility such as ensuring sufficient fire wardens and first aid trainers are trained and certified;
- Any other administration tasks as required.
- Will cover 2 sites as required.
- 4-5 years solid experience working within a fast paced HR team is essential;
- Previous recruitment experience is essential;
- Previous experience in Employment Legislation is essential;
- 3rd Level HR related diploma or degree is preferred;
- Strong PC skills including proficiency in MS Office;
- Ability to tactfully deal with confidential and often sensitive information
- Details orientated with strong proven attention to detail;
- High level of initiative – will pre-empt and anticipate situations and requirements
- Highly organised with the ability to multitask on a daily basis whilst not compromising the quality of work;
- Is comfortable with change, and often very fast paced change;
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to communicate concerns and issues in a diplomatic manner that does not offend or escalate;
- Treats sensitive or confidential information in a trustworthy manner;
- Self-motivated, flexible, upbeat, and willing to learn;
- Intellectually curious – looks around them, asks questions, takes an interest in the world outside of the HR Department;
- Continuous learnings and personal growth – wants to learn from a business standpoint, and a personal self-development standpoint;
- Exerts a positive image of the company and the department at all times;
We offer a competitive salary & benefits package such as pension and healthcare, in a flexible environment to the right candidate.
Interested and qualified applicants please submit CV and cover letter to Emma Reynolds, Human Resources Manager to firstname.lastname@example.org