The Agora Companies is a global network for more than 40 privately owned publishing companies. These companies are widely recognized for their highly specialised information by way of advisory newsletters, websites and books on a range of topics including retirement, wealth management, equity investments, health, travel and finance. In addition to the headquarters in the U.S., the Agora Companies’ subsidiary operations have offices in the U.K., France, Ireland, Spain, Germany, Australia, South Africa, Argentina, India, Brazil, China, Poland and Japan.
Agora Publishing Ireland (API), one of The Agora Companies, currently have an exciting job opportunity for a Human Resource Manager based in our offices in Portlaw, Co. Waterford & Waterford City. This is a permanent role on a full time basis, reporting directly to the International CEO. The successful candidate will support the delivery of a HR service to a number of The Agora Companies in Waterford.
Responsibilities of this role include but are not limited to:
- Provide active and ongoing HR advice & support to Managers and employees when required, ensuring advice is legally compliant and in line with each company policy & procedure;
- Developing and implementing HR strategies and initiatives aligned with each company’s overall strategy;
- Coordination of monthly payroll in conjunction with external payroll company;
- Manage Company Pension Scheme & Healthcare Scheme;
- HR Privacy Manager in line with GDPR requirements;
- Management of HR System (Ultipro);
- Support each business with Succession Planning via the 9 Box Matrix;
- Creation of content & delivery of training workshops as required on HR topics such as Interviewing, Performance Management, and Delivering Feedback etc.
- Collaborate with OD department when required on new HR initiatives;
- Creation and updating of policies that are legally compliant and required;
- Reporting on metrics across each company when required such as attrition, time to hire, absenteeism, analyzing results and making recommendations on results;
- Health & Safety responsibility such as ensuring sufficient fire wardens and first aid trainers are trained and certified. DSE assessor;
- Management of full recruitment cycle from advertising, screening, interviewing, behavioural assessments to reference checking, across a number of companies;
- Will have one direct report on their team.
- 5-6 years solid hands-on experience working within a fast paced HR environment is essential;
- Previous experience in Employment Legislation is essential;
- 3rd Level HR related diploma or degree is preferred;
- Experience in stand-alone role working in all aspects of HR is preferred;
- Previous recruitment experience is preferred;
- Strong PC skills including proficiency in MS Office;
- Ability to tactfully deal with confidential and often sensitive information
- High level of initiative – will pre-empt and anticipate situations and requirements;
- Independent – ability to make decisions independently is required;
- Highly organised and detail orientated, with the ability to multitask on a daily basis whilst not compromising the quality of work;
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to communicate concerns and issues in a diplomatic manner that does not offend or escalate;
- Is comfortable with change, and often very fast paced change;
- Treats sensitive or confidential information in a trustworthy manner;
- Continuous learnings and personal growth – wants to learn from a business standpoint, and a personal self-development standpoint;
- Exerts a positive image of the company and the department at all times;
Interested and qualified applicants please submit CV and cover letter to Emma Reynolds, firstname.lastname@example.org