Human Resource Manager
Agora Publishing Ireland (formerly Woodlock Services) one of The Agora Companies, currently have an exciting job opportunity for a Human Resource Manager based in our offices in Waterford. This is a permanent role on a full time basis, reporting directly to the CTO based in Ireland. The successful candidate will support the delivery of a HR service to a number of The Agora Companies in Waterford (current headcount 75 across 4 companies).
This is a rapidly growing organization with anticipated continued growth for the next 5 years.
Responsibilities of this role include but are not limited to:
- Provide active and ongoing HR advice & support to Managers and employees when required, ensuring advice is legally compliant and in line with each company policy & procedure;
- Developing and implementing HR strategies and initiatives aligned with each company’s overall strategy;
- Management of full recruitment cycle from advertising, screening, interviewing, behavioural assessments to reference checking, across a number of companies;
- Coordination of monthly payroll file for input to external payroll company;
- Manage Company Pension Scheme & Healthcare Scheme;
- HR Privacy Manager in line with GDPR requirements;
- Management of HR System (Ultipro);
- Support each business with Succession Planning via the 9 Box Matrix;
- Creation of content & delivery of training workshops as required on HR topics such as Interviewing, Performance Management, and Delivering Feedback etc.
- Collaborate with OD department when required on new HR initiatives;
- Creation and updating of policies that are legally compliant and required;
- Reporting on metrics across each company when required such as attrition, time to hire, absenteeism, analyzing results and making recommendations on results;
- Health & Safety responsibility such as ensuring sufficient fire wardens and first aid trainers are trained and certified. DSE assessor;
- 5 years min solid hands-on experience working within a fast paced HR environment is essential;
- Previous experience in Employment Legislation is essential;
- 3rd Level HR related diploma or degree is preferred;
- Previous recruitment experience
- Strong PC skills including proficiency in MS Office;
- High level of initiative – will pre-empt and anticipate situations and requirements;
- Independent – ability to make decisions independently is required;
- Highly organised and detail orientated, with the ability to multitask on a daily basis whilst not compromising the quality of work;
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to communicate concerns and issues in a diplomatic manner that does not offend or escalate;
- Is comfortable with change, and often very fast paced change;
- Treats sensitive or confidential information in a trustworthy manner;
- Continuous learnings and personal growth – wants to learn from a business standpoint, and a personal self-development standpoint;
- Exerts a positive image of the company and the department at all times;
A highly competitive benefits package is on offer for the right candidate as this is a key position within the wider Agora organization.
Interested and qualified applicants please submit CV and cover letter to Emma Reynolds, email@example.com