The Agora is a global network for more than 40 privately owned publishing companies. These companies are widely recognized for their highly specialised information by way of advisory newsletters, websites and books on a range of topics including retirement, wealth management, equity investments, health, travel and finance. The Agora Companies’ have offices in London, Paris, Bonn, Melbourne, Johannesburg, Buenos Aires, Sao Paolo, Mumbai and Waterford.
Woodlock Services is one of the aforementioned companies located in Waterford providing a range of services such as but not limited to HR, IT & Accounting across the International Agora companies. Employees of Woodlock Services service a large domestic and international client base.
We currently have an exciting job opportunity for a Human Resource Officer based in our newly renovated offices in Portlaw, Co. Waterford. This is a permanent role on a full time basis, reporting directly to the Human Resources Manager. The successful candidate will assist the HR team in providing ongoing support to 5 of the Agora companies in Waterford such as but not limited to Threefold Systems, Emerald Contact Centre and Agora Publishing Services Ireland.
This is a new role within a rapidly expanding team for a HR professional with 2-3 years solid HR experience.
Responsibilities of this role include but are not limited to:
- Co-ordination of all aspects of the payroll process: joiners, leavers, benefits, etc.
- Involvement in full recruitment cycle for each business such as:
- Working with the hiring managers on designing job descriptions
- Designing interview questions using the Lominger competency model
- Advertising across all appropriate avenues depending on the role
- Screening of candidates based on JD
- Scheduling of interviews, and conducting same,
- Reference checks,
- Will play a key role in the implementation of the HR System this year and will work with the US HR Team and consultants in the implementation across the companies
- Providing support & advice to managers in the area of employment legislation and best practice ensuring the advice given is appropriate
- Conducting presentations to senior management when needed in order to upskill management on HR practices
- Supporting the Human Resources Manager with key HR projects and other ad hoc duties as required.
- 2-3 years min previous experience working within a HR team is essential
- Experience in dealing with Employee Grievance & Disciplinaries is essential
- Previous recruitment experience is essential
- 3rd Level HR related diploma or degree is preferred;
- Knowledge of Employment Legislation
- Experience in working on Strategic HR Projects such as System implementation would be advantageous
- Strong PC skills including proficiency in MS Office;
- Ability to, with previous experience in, handling confidential information;
- Details orientated with strong proven attention to detail;
- Highly organised with the ability to multitask on a daily basis whilst not compromising the quality of work;
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to communicate concerns and issues in a diplomatic manner that does not offend or escalate;
- Treats sensitive or confidential information in a trustworthy manner;
- Self-motivated, flexible, upbeat, and willing to learn;
- Exerts a positive image of the company and the department at all times;
We offer a competitive salary & benefits package, in a flexible environment to the right candidate.
Interested and qualified applicants please submit CV and cover letter to Emma Reynolds, Human Resources Manager to firstname.lastname@example.org