International Living is in the business of showing people how and where they can enjoy a more international life…live better for less…and embrace adventure.
We are now seeking a resourceful and effective Managing Editor to join our growing team in Portlaw, Co. Waterford, Ireland. The successful candidate will manage one of our daily e-letters and a monthly newsletter.
Our readership is predominantly North American and we want to bring our readers smart solutions designed to help them save money, make money, and enrich their life in retirement. We do that through our Fund Your Life Daily e-letter and The Savvy Retiree monthly newsletter.
The way people retire is changing. It’s no longer a case of sitting in rocking chair watching the world go by. For many people, retirement is now a full blown third act…a time to reinvent themselves, seek out new adventures, even start a new career. And as the Managing Editor of these publications, you’ll work with our network of correspondents around the world to bring that message to our readers.
Not all editors make good writers and not all writers are good editors. You must be both—an excellent editor and good writer, someone who loves the written word. As Managing Editor of the e-letter and the monthly newsletter, you’ll commission, edit, write, research, copyedit, and proofread. You’ll manage a busy schedule based around a wide variety of topics. The role requires a high level of creativity and an openness to new ideas.
It will suit a hardworking and enthusiastic individual who has a clear understanding of what goes into producing successful publications.
If you are organized and keen to succeed and love producing quality copy, this position could be yours.
In return, you get a good starting salary, a clear career path, and excellent prospects including the possibility of travel.
This position is based full-time in our headquarters of Woodlock House, a period mansion close to Waterford City (to learn more about Woodlock House, see https://woodlockhouse.com/). There you’ll join a dynamic team dedicated to staying at the cutting edge of publishing.
Skills and Experience Required:
- At least 3 years relevant professional experience.
- Proven ability to copyedit and proofread content with a critical eye and meticulous attention to detail.
- Strong writing skills, knowledge of correct grammar, punctuation, spelling, and the ability to communicate ideas creatively and concisely.
- Demonstrable experience managing workflows, scheduling, and deadlines.
- Ability to work on your own initiative.
- A friendly and outgoing personality: The successful candidate must be able to relate to our large and growing team of writers around the world.
- A curiosity about the world and all the opportunities for fun, travel, and adventure it offers.
- Photoshop experience.
- Experience of travel outside of Europe a strong plus.
- Experience of working overseas would also be beneficial.
Please submit your CV along with a cover letter and two samples of your work.
Closing date: Monday, July 29th, 2019
Submit your application to Nazareen Heazle: firstname.lastname@example.org