Summary: The Agora Publishing Services Ireland is seeking a Information Security Manager to manage the security and compliance efforts for its international affiliates. The Analyst will serve as the primary point of contact (POC) for all security and compliance activities within Europe as well as assess the security and risk state of the affiliates. General activities include assessing security controls, partaking in risk management, promoting security awareness, and providing security recommendations to key stakeholders. The Analyst will follow defined standards and best practices for info security as set out by our global team and work closely with the GDPR Project Manager (based in London, UK).
The ideal candidate will have a strong passion for security and the ability to work independently with minimal direction. In addition, this person will have a proactive nature and understand the “big picture” in how security relates to the overall company objectives.
Location: Waterford, Ireland
- Serve as the primary POC for all security and compliance-related questions and projects for European affiliates;
- Work closely with the affiliates to assess security controls gaps;
- Provide recommendations on security control gaps or other security-related risks and threats to senior management;
- Track and maintain the compliance progress of the affiliates from a security controls perspective;
- Stay up to date with the latest security vulnerabilities and compliance requirements;
- Develop and maintain documented security policies;
- Additionally act as the initial POC for any security incidents or possible breaches related to the European affiliates.
- Drive security projects with cross functional groups and stakeholders.
- 5+ years of information security and/or compliance related work history;
- Knowledge of general Information Security (IS) controls and design;
- Understanding of security risks, threats, and recommendations for remediation;
- Knowledge and experience with IT security auditing;
- Team player with strong written and oral communication skills;
- Be willing to travel up to 25% of the time (e.g. France, Ireland, Switzerland).
- Multilingual in French, Spanish, and/or German;
- Extensive knowledge of common industry standards (e.g. PCI DSS, ISO 27001);
- General knowledge of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR);
- Technical knowledge of IT security and networking (e.g. IDS/IPS, firewalls, Active Directory, etc.).
CV’s to Emma Reynolds, HR Manager, email@example.com