The Agora is a global network for more than 40 privately owned publishing companies. These companies are widely recognized for their highly specialised information by way of advisory newsletters, websites and books on a range of topics including retirement, wealth management, equity investments, health, travel and finance. The Agora Companies’ have offices in London, Paris, Bonn, Melbourne, Johannesburg, Buenos Aires, Sao Paolo, Mumbai and Waterford.
Threefold Systems, part of The Agora, based in Waterford has an exciting opportunity for a Senior Software Engineer. This is a fantastic opportunity for a creative and ambitious developer to be part of a dynamic development team underpinned by a culture of innovation, agility and customer focus. Our work environment is one where our employees are empowered to learn new technologies in the pursuit of delivering the best solutions for our clients.
The Senior Software Engineer will play a central role in setting the technical direction of the organisation, establishing and ensuring adherence to best practices, and mentoring team members.
We offer a competitive salary, great benefits, and a relaxed, fun work environment.
Responsibilities of this role include but are not limited to:
- Oversee development of high performance, highly scalable, custom applications.
- Champion code quality and standards.
- Improve performance, scalability and security of software solutions.
- Drive continual improvement of workflow and team efficiency.
- Mentor other developers and help them achieve their potential.
- Work with BSA/PM’s to plan and execute development projects.
Role Experience & Capabilities –
- Enterprise business systems development & integration experience.
- Strong interpersonal skills with experience mentoring and developing colleagues.
- Self-directing – be able to assess what is required from the role and determine the best way forward.
- Ability to influence and lead others through example.
- A strong customer focus and experience working closely with clients.
Technical Experience & Capabilities –
- 7+ years of experience with object oriented development for enterprise web technologies.
- Experience developing SAAS applications and micro-services.
- Experience with major languages & technologies stacks such as Java, .NET, LAMP and MEAN.
- Experience with systems integration leveraging REST APIs, Webhooks and other middleware technologies.
- Experience working with SQL, MongoDB (or other noSQL), Elastic Stack etc.
- Experience with version control systems, Continuous Integration (e.g. Jenkins etc) and Release Management.
- Ability to work in a collaborative group setting with internal and external colleagues to resolve issues, generate ideas, and mentor other developers.
- Experience of Agile or similar project methodologies.
- Masters in Software Development, Computer Science or similar.
- Certified AWS Solutions Architect or equivalent.
- Mobile app development experience.
- Understanding / experience of Customer Data Platforms and other emerging marketing technologies.
If you’d like to apply for this position, email your CV and cover letter to email@example.com
We offer a competitive salary & benefits package to the right candidate, in a relaxed environment.