Treasury and Cash Management Accountant
The Agora is a global network for more than 40 privately owned publishing companies. These companies are widely recognised for their highly specialised information by way of advisory newsletters, websites and books on a range of topics including retirement, wealth management, equity investments, health, travel and finance. The Agora Companies include businesses in London, Paris, Bonn, Melbourne, Johannesburg, Buenos Aires, Sao Paolo, Mumbai and Waterford.
Agora Publishing Ireland (API) is one of the aforementioned companies located in Waterford providing a range of services such as but not limited to HR, IT & Accounting across the International Agora companies. Employees of Agora Publishing Ireland service a large domestic and international client base.
We currently have an exciting job opportunity for a Treasury and Cash Management Supervisor temporary maternity cover role on a full time basis, reporting directly to the Head of Accounting.
Responsibilities of this role include but are not limited to:
For the maternity cover:
- Ensure all bank accounts and other cash balance sheet reconciliations are completed within required deadline for a wide range of bank accounts in Ireland, UK and Europe.
- Investigate queries in a timely manner. Working with other departments, AP, AR and Payroll to identify and clear any outstanding differences.
- Authorisation of bank transfers and payments. Maintenance of daily banking transaction log.
- Daily and monthly bank/balance sheet reconciliations.
- Journal preparation of daily and monthly banking transactions.
- Take lead on implementation of new global banking solution for the group.
- To manage regular and ad hoc tasks to ensure deadlines are adhered to and other demands are met.
What we look for in our employees:
- Value individuality, opportunity & respect,
- Adaptable to change.
Requirements & Competencies:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting or other business-related discipline – essential
- 3-5 years financial services experience within an Accounting department- essential
- Banking experience – preferred
- Sound understanding of double entry accounting.
- Demonstrate flexibility in multi-tasking especially at month-end/year-end.
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office, particularly Excel
- Ability to work on your own initiative and as part of a team supporting others
- Treats confidential information in a trustworthy manner;
- Meticulous when it comes to detail and organisation;
This is a temporary maternity cover role on a 9 month FTC.
Interested and qualified applicants please submit CV and cover letter to Carrie Rockett, HR email@example.com