We’re looking for a UX Designer to join our in-house design team. This person will work with our Design lead and other cross-functional teams to turn client needs into high-quality design solutions.
The Ideal Candidate Is…
- You are a passionate designer with at least 4 years’ experience working on a wide range of projects.
- You love working with a team to solve design challenges and to improve projects.
- You have an eye for detail and always want to improve.
- If you have a passion for design, love feedback, are eager to learn and share your knowledge then we would like to talk to you.
What you will be doing…
- Perform user research to get a greater understanding of people, the challenges they face and the goals they are trying to achieve.
- Working collaboratively with the design lead, developers, project managers and other stakeholders.
- Define problems & goals, map user flows, build prototypes, create high-fidelity visual designs and specification documents.
- Designing interfaces for a wide range of projects. From apps to internal systems and right up to e-commerce websites.
- Help promote design thinking and UX design across the organisation.
- Working closely with the design lead to creating solutions that better meet the needs of our clients.
- Help with hiring, mentoring and establishing a design culture within the company.
What we need from you…
- At least 4 years of relevant experience in design of digital products that have been released to market, with a proven track record of success.
- An ability to act as a consultant to potential and existing clients on UX Design concepts.
- Previous experience of delegating PM workload within a team, following up to ensure completion.
- Deep knowledge of design tools (such as Sketch, Photoshop, InVision or similar tools).
- An understanding of the importance of user-centred and design thinking.
- Significant familiarity with design techniques (such as prototyping, wireframing, user research).
- A strong understanding of design thinking and design principles.
- An obsession for design and an eye for detail.
- Good communication, teamwork, and time management skills.
- A willingness to learn and improve.
- An open mindset and love to ask questions.
- A good sense of humour, kindness and how to work smart.
- Passionate about resolving user pain points through great design.
- Open to receiving feedback and critique. You are not discouraged by receiving or providing feedback.
- A strong portfolio (we want to see what you’ve done in the past).
Would You Like To…
- Work on various projects from apps to internal systems and right up to e-commerce websites.
- Work with the latest design tools and technologies such as Sketch, InVision, UsabilityHub, React and Design Systems amongst others.
- Work with internal clients to design complete user experiences that meet their needs and visions.
- Work in a team that values feedback and honesty.