Last updated: 24th May 2018
We know that your personal information is important to you and we are committed to ensuring it is kept secure and used carefully. Below you will find a short summary of how and why we collect your data, who we share it with, and what we’re doing to make sure your data is safe and secure. You will also find details of your privacy rights.
If you want to skip to a particular section of this policy please click on the relevant link below.
What does Woodlock Services do?
Woodlock Services provides a range of business services to our publishing partners. The services are comprised of Human Resources, a shared Accounting Service, and Building, Network & Administrative Services. Woodlock Services provides support that allows our client companies to focus on and grow their core businesses. We are part of a larger media group, The Agora, headquartered in Baltimore, Maryland, and with offices in more than 20 countries around the world. You can learn more about The Agora here.
What personal information does Woodlock Services collect and why?
We collect information that visitors to our website provide to us when they use our “Contact Us” page to request information about our services or when they submit their curriculum vitae to apply for vacancies advertised on our Website, and information that allows us to personalise and improve your experience of our services, Website, and communications with you. All such information is held on secure servers.
We only use personal data you have given us or that we have collected from you when you visit our Website. We do not obtain personal information from or sell it to third parties. We sometimes share your personal information with third parties, but only to personalise and improve your experience with us. We never release your personal information to others for their mailing or marketing purposes.
The personal information that we may collect about you broadly falls into two categories:
- Information that you provide
We may ask you to provide personal information in order to provide our services and correspond with you. This includes asking you to provide your contact details to respond to any queries you may have about our company or employment opportunities.
The personal information you are asked to provide, and the reasons why you are being asked to provide it, will be made clear to you at the point you are asked to provide it.
- Information that we collect automatically
When you visit our Website and use our Contact Us forms, we may collect certain information automatically from your device.
The data we collect may include information like your IP address, device type, unique device identification numbers, browser-type, and other technical information. We may also collect information about how your device has interacted with our Website or order form, including the pages accessed and links clicked.
We collect this information so we can better understand the visitors who come to our Website and what content may be of interest to them. Using the information allows us to improve the quality and relevance of our Website and services.
We may disclose your personal information to the following categories of recipients:
- to any competent law enforcement body, regulatory, government agency, or similar other third party where we believe disclosure is necessary (i) as a matter of applicable law or regulation, or (ii) to exercise, establish or defend our legal rights; and
- to any other person with your consent.
Our legal basis for collecting and using the personal information described above will depend on the information concerned and the context in which we collect it.
We will normally collect personal information from you where:
- we need the personal information in order to take steps to enter into a contract with you, (for example, the personal information you have included in your curriculum vitae); or
- the processing is in our legitimate interests and not overridden by your rights; or
- we have your consent to do so (for example, respond to your queries about Woodlock Services or give you further details about a job opportunity);
If we collect and use your personal information in reliance on our legitimate interests, this will normally be to operate and improve our services, Website, and communications. It would also include responding to your queries or detecting or preventing illegal activities. We may have other legitimate interests and, if appropriate, we will make clear to you at the relevant time what those legitimate interests are.
How does Woodlock Services keep my personal information secure?
We use appropriate technical and organisational measures to protect the personal information that we collect and process. The measures we use are designed to provide a level of security appropriate to the risk of processing your personal information. Where we share data with third parties, we ensure that your data will be kept secure and will not be provided or sold to another party.
International data transfers
Your personal information may be transferred to, and processed in, countries other than the country in which you are resident. These countries may have data protection laws that are different to the laws of your country (and, in some cases, may not be as protective).
Specifically, group companies and third party service providers operate in the United States and elsewhere around the world. This means that when we collect your personal information we may process it in any of these countries.
We retain personal information we collect from you where we have an ongoing legitimate business need to do so (for example, to provide you with a service) or to comply with applicable legal requirements).
When we have no ongoing legitimate business need to process your personal information, we will either delete or anonymise it or, if this is not possible (for example, because your personal information has been stored in backup archives), then we will securely store your personal information and isolate it from any further processing until deletion is possible.
Your data protection rights
You have the following data protection rights:
- If you wish to access, correct, update or request deletion of your personal information, you can do so at any time by contacting us using the contact details provided under the “How to contact us” heading below. We may not be able to delete your personal information if we have to retain it in order to comply with our legal obligations, to perform a task carried out in the public interest, to establish, exercise or defend any legal claims or to exercise our right of freedom of expression and information.
- In addition, you can object to processing of your personal information, ask us to restrict processing of your personal information or request portability of your personal information. Again, you can exercise these rights by contacting us using the contact details provided under the “How to contact us” heading below.
- You have the right to opt-out of marketing communications we send you at any time. You can exercise this right by clicking on the “unsubscribe” or “opt-out” link in the marketing e-mails we send you. To opt-out of other forms of marketing (such as postal marketing or telemarketing), then please contact us using the contact details provided under the “How to contact us” heading below.
- If we have collected and process your personal information with your consent, then you can withdraw your consent at any time. Withdrawing your consent will not affect the lawfulness of any processing we conducted prior to your withdrawal, nor will it affect processing of your personal information conducted in reliance on lawful processing grounds other than consent.
- You have the right to complain to a data protection authority about our collection and use of your personal information. We respond to all requests we receive from individuals wishing to exercise their data protection rights in accordance with applicable data protection laws.
If you have any questions or concerns about our use of your personal information, please contact us by using the Contact Us link on our Website.
The data controller of your personal information is Woodlock House Support Services Ltd.